Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 

Exciting job I have

Being back in school conjurs up a myriad of feelings. On one hand, it's really exciting to see all the familiar faces, to feel loved and busk in the atmosphere. But on the other hand, you receive all the unnecessary workload, shifting, and being thrown around like a ball. And of course, the impending preparation for revision and catching up of lectures in the new term after the exams are over. Oh, and of course not to forget the mountain range of exam scripts from the different cohorts. (You get a mountain range when you place the stacks side-by-side.)

To quote long pinpy fren, I so concur with her when she says that "the mountain of work just keeps growing it threatens to dwarf my (our) existence." (Long pinpy fren, 2007)

But you know what, I thank God that I can still find some desire in me to get things done... and some excitement in preparing the students for the last laps. Although there are lots of changes, especially in Civics classes... I welcome the change. I think I will learn alot this next half of the year. Nevertheless, there will be serious heartaches (on my part at least!) to let go of my babies to some new teacher... after I slogged so hard with them, and grew to love them. I should learn to not be so attached. (HOW TO?!!) I'm still attached to the bunch who went for the fieldtrip with me!

Well, we have to expect drastic changes now and then huh? Nothing is ever stagnant here. In fact, nothing is ever confirmed here! But it's a good thing right? At least one can say that you'll never be bored in my job. Everyday is different. Every semester is different. But if you are one whose entire world collapses due to some unforseen change, then this ain't the job for the weak-hearted and the structured! Heh.

Let's see what else comes my way. (If only the mountain range will clear off my path...)

Comments:
Remember how I was told when I reported in July 2006, that I would not have to mark the midyear paper, no form class, no need to lecture, no PW? And it turns out that I marked 2 midyear exam questions, have a difficult form class, lectured a difficult and abstract topic, and marked the group project file for PW? But even then, lide was good, having only 2 tutorial classes. But it is also in the past week when I saw new teachers in school that I was reminded that I have been a teacher for a year, and with it more responsibilities and duties. We have to try and cope somehow, relying on God's grace and strength, which is far better than any encouragement our supervisors can give! Colleagues are a major source of help too, though they cannot change the state of affairs, they are an outlet for us to whine ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?