Monday, July 02, 2007

 

A "CAL" for a day

"CAL" stands for "Chao Ah-Lian"

Man... I never expected myself to degenerate to that point! "CALs" are a bane and I confess that they get on my nerves! And to think that I resembled them for a day erks me!

So what happened? I got bored and wanted to do something 'fun' and outrageous for the day. So I headed to the friendly hairdresser's. I wanted to colour my hair... was thinking of red, brown or seomthing along that line. But she suggested that those colours were not suitable for me, since I was still young. She suggested yellowish, etc. Hmm... didn't really have a colour in mind... and since she's the hairdreser... I left my fate in her hands.

Man... it was an itchy and somewhat painful experience. Itchy becausethe tip of my ears were itching from the dye. (Heh. It conjures up an image of a dwarf with itchy ears!) And because my hair is not used to the colour, washing it was ouch-ouch-ouch!
Think the lighting at the hairdresser's is designed so that they make your hair colour look good. So anyway, it looked rather nice. Something different, and I was torn between it looking special and 'cool' (in the sporty sense, cos it looked like I had been out in the sun for an extended period of time), versus it looking too bright and ah-lian-ish.

I told her my worries... but she said I looked good, and she really believed it. And she happily told me that she could easily cover it up for me, but she was not gonna do it! Hahaha!

I returned home, and worried about it. Why?
Because I'm a teacher! How am I gonna lecture my kids for not keeping their hair natural, when I have a golden flock? And I have to worry about those teachers out there who are dying to stab me in the back. I wonder why they are so free. And they do not bother to come straight to you... they go straight to your bosses. And apparently any 'stoopid' thing you do will affect you, regardless of how harmless or insignificant it may be. Too free... too free... they should just go become reporters with "Wan3 Bao4" or something.

So anyway, I decided that ah-lian look was not for me. I returned the very next day for the friendly hairdresser to "cover" me up. She did it willingly... this time with a dark burgundy colour which she just combed through. I was half-hoping she would not comb so thoroughly, as I did want streaks of brighness around, to reveal my rebellious nature. But I didn't say anything. So now I have a slightly brownish tint to my hair. Quite natural-looking, but as I say, not rebellious enough. Heh. I guess I'm only HALF-rebellious. Still need to conform since I'm moulding the nation!

Oh, by the way, "cover-up" was free. Heh. Friendly hairdresser what!

Wish I had taken a photo just for memory sake. But I was too confused. Heh.

"CAL" is not for me.
"LAL" is for my mummy. "Lao Ah-Lian"! Heh. She's outrageous! Her hair is bright ORANGE and SPIKEY!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?