Wednesday, July 04, 2007

 

My sword, shield and me.

I'm busy warring. Stacks to slay. At times I strategise and take them down slowly. At times I just whack with all my might. Oh my, it takes up so much energy! Slaying is my favourite past time now, by default. SOoo many to slay, and I'm the only warrior around, amongst this warring stacks, which conspire somehow to squeeze every bit of energy and mark from me.

So now you've guessed? I'm slaying the exam scripts, with my trustee red pen as my sword, and my blanko as my shield.

I can't decide whether to rejoice when I see a somewhat blank script and short answers. (Analogy: A silly and defenceless target) I rejoice because slaying becomes so easy! The technique to use is one big stroke across the script, and a single circular motion somewhere on the script. Brainless technique! =) But I sigh, because then I wonder why they even come to the war. Sacrifice their time, and waste my effort and time with simple slaying.

I think I'm masochistic. I rejoice when I see a lengthy script. But it depends... they can be deceptive! (Analogy: A confident, difficult and intelligent opponent versus an all-talk-no-action opponent) In any case, I need to be vigilant and pour in more effort when slaying these scripts! But at least, you know, having a duel with a somewhat worthy opponent is more worthwhile than wasting my time on defenceless targets!

But I have to admit that it does drain me. Especially now when I'm dealing with migration and 'brain drain'! Heh. There'll be another war declared on Thursday! And this one will be a much larger-scale than the present war! Thankfully there is at least one warrior to assist me. But I will have to do most of the slaying. The 'top' really think I'm super-warrior leh! Give me my trophy!! Heh, no, it doesn't work that way! You can drown for all they care... but you have to continue slaying. The trophy is therefore created by myself, for my own amusement... (Yes, those of you who know me know that I can amuse myself quite well. Heh.) I even named it! It's called 'sense of accomplishment'!

I need nei4 gong1 (internal energy) to pick myself up and persevere on in the war! The race for the 'trophy' - sense of accomplishment, after slaying a whole 'state' (stack), be it only one pathetic question(!) when there are three, is sometimes sufficient to keep me on a 'high'! =)

However, having said that, peace is still the best. No war! No need lah...
Let me keep my sword, keep my shield, recuperate and live a peaceful life.
But of course, that is all a dream.
Slaying is reality!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?