Thursday, July 26, 2007

 

What should the Attitude be?

In reference to the previous post about being either a carrot, a hard-boiled egg or coffee bean... err... can I be beef instead? Medium will do... yummy mama mia! But overcook it and it gets all stiff and chewy. So just a little hardship will do? Haha!

Ok, I think I've been all three... a carrot, a hard-boiled egg and a coffee bean.

When faced with adversity, I can hang on, then wither and give way. Sometimes the stress really gets to me... when there are deadlines, irreducible workload which in fact just keeps growing, random unforseen situations, unappreciative people, etc... I grow soft, broken, and threaten to dissolve into a mushy carrot soup. Add cream and you'll have creamy carrot paste!

On the other hand, I can easily harden. I HIBERNATE. I talk only necessarily, and ignore when it doesn't concern me. I am serious and have no expression on my face. My only concern is to focus on completing the tasks at hand. And at times, I grow bitter (though hard-boiled egg isn't bitter!). I get frustrated at the things I have to do - the unnecessary ones, which keep vying for precious time away from more important things. And this results in a cumulative causation - bitterness at other people. Yes, I do survive and grow from the experience... but I emerge unhappily. Harder than a hard-boiled egg. Stone, not rock. Stone has no smile. Rock has a life. =)

Coffeebean. Yep, I've been a coffeebean too. But this really depends on how enthusiastic I am over the matter... and how much I believe in it. I'm not one who goes out to influence people, (therefore I can never qualify as a politician... in any case, I don't like to sweettalk nor do PR when I don't see a point in it. So yeah, I can be rather politically-incorrect, as I prefer to speak my mind! Or just keep mum. Yeah, no keep mummy then where's she gonna go??) but rather, I just engage in my own enthusiasm and do as much as possible to make whatever I believe in become reality. And the end result is usually elation, and a 'high' from the adrenaline rush. *grin*

For example, I badly wanted my Geography fieldtrip to take off. And despite all the tribulation, it finally did. Although I was tempted to just give it up when the going was too tough. And it was indeed a blessing, because the lives of those who participated were touched by an unforgettable experience of a lifetime, including myself of course! Heh.

So yeah, many a times, it all depends on our mindset. What do we want to gain at the end? What do we want the outcome to be? How much are we willing to give? We can't control the circumstances, but we can definitely have a say in our attitude towards things that don't go our way. Sometimes it's all about the will power. How much do we want it? A LOT? Then work towards it! (Heh. Too much of motivational students who failed ALL subjects even though we are nearing the 'A's!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?